Sunday, May 1, 2011

April was too fast

I can hardly believe April has come and gone.

I failed Feburary's soup challenge... with my whining and Kaye's willingness to choose an ingredient of my choice...I still didn't participate.
 April I had asperagus to work with and it was good :)
I forgot to take pictures :(

Winter Potage:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon butter
1 cup thinly sliced asperagus
1/2 cup sliced celery
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chopped broccoli florets
1 cup frozen shelled edamane (fresh soybeans - my choice)
1 cup frozen petite green peas
1 table spoon rice ( I used barely - a VERY SMALL AMOUNT)
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
3 cups fat free less sodium chicken broth ( I used the better than organic paste)
1 1/2  cups water
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt (can omit)
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Heat oil and butter in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add asparagus and celery: saute
4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute. Add broccoli and next 5 intredients.
Stir in broth and wter; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

Place one third of vegetabel mixuture in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. repeat with remaining vegetable mixture.

Calories 152

Really easy and tasted FANTASTIC. With the blending, kids didn't know what they were eating ( love this new trick) They dipped grilled cheese in it like tomato soup. Would do again and again!!!

The other challenges are failing as well...
After my surgery in December I've managed to gain 12 pounds
I have ZERO energy or motivation...family keeps buggin me to go to the doctors
but that takes energy and motivation to schedule the apt, the baby sitters, the taxi service for the older kids, and well I can't even do that

I did have the last week off from school...still carrying the 4.0, even if it did about kill me. I hated both my classes last session and glad that its over. Starting tomorrow I begin World Civilizations (needed to start the credentialing program) and Statistics (again needed for the program) and I will be done, done, done. Til Septemeber - ish, I decided there was no real rush to start the program and I am on burn out mode.

Kids and family are all doing well. Connor got to pitch in the last game, and will be the opening inning pitcher on Tuesday night. Caleb got to play 2nd base and its more responsibility then he cares for. He told coach to put him on the bench...that kid.
John got a new boss (city administrator) so he's on his best behavior...which let's face it, can use some refinement anyway :)

I say I'll post more often, but who are we kidding

















 

1 comment:

  1. March, I failed Marches challenge with calms.
    February was barely, which I did, but didn't post.

    double fail
    epic fail

    8`{

    ReplyDelete